Help us preserve the life of our building and exhibits
- Please do not touch the art and artifacts.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum galleries and cannot be held by museum or café staff.
- Most damage to art is accidental: backpacks, umbrellas, coolers, and large or bulky bags are not allowed in the museum galleries and must be checked at the admission desk. List of prohibited items.
- Flash photography and video is allowed for personal use in our permanent galleries, but not allowed in our special exhibits. Look for the signs at the entrance to each gallery. Tripods are not permitted in any gallery.
- All youth 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the museum and on museum property.
- For the safety and consideration of all visitors, shoes and shirts are required while visiting the museum and the museum grounds.
- The use of any cigarettes, tobacco, tobacco products, or electronic cigarettes, are prohibited inside the building and within 8 feet of any entrance to the museum.
- Firearms and other weapons are not permitted in the museum.
Wonder why you might feel chilly in the museum or why we ask you not to touch art and artifacts? Learn more about the preservation and conservation of museum objects with our brochure, On Guard