The Stephen and Sharon Zimmerman Resource Center and the Watanabe Family Library, located on the canal level of the museum, offer something for families
looking to enhance a museum visit; educators
planning curricula or class trips to the Eiteljorg; students and other researchers
working on projects or simply those looking to expand their knowledge of Western and Native American art, history and cultures.
Our collection can be searched through the Indianapolis Public Library
online catalog (see search tips below). It features:
- More than 7,000 books and exhibition catalogs
- More than 800 videos and DVDs
- Vertical files (containing pamphlets, newspaper clippings and more) on artists represented in the museum's collection and subjects relevant to the museum's mission
- Periodicals (Download a list of our holdings)
- The Sidney and Rosalyn Wiener collection of 968 books and other publications, illustrated by twenty important Western illustrators
- Videotaped lectures and interviews with artists
- Museum publications
- Auction catalogs
- And more...
Settle in and read children's books; watch a video or DVD; check out a set of garden cards for a stroll through our grounds; or dig into several hands-on discovery boxes on topics like weaving, Native American plant use and more. Teachers!
Sign up for our teachers e-newsletter and discover the materials and activities developed especially for you to use in the classroom.
Tips for Searching the IMCPL Online Catalog
- Three computer work stations
- Color copies - $1.50 ea./$1 for students with valid ID
- Black and white copies - $.10 ea./$.05 for students with valid ID
Once on the IMCPL home page
, access their online catalog by clicking "Catalog Search." From there, click on "Standard Catalog" at the top of the page. You may then do a keyword search or an advanced search, choosing 'Eiteljorg Museum' as your location.