It will be the must attend event of the year. If you are interested in Native American contemporary fine art, the Eiteljorg Museum is the place to be from Nov. 10 through Nov. 12, 2017. Since 1999 the Eiteljorg’s popular biannual fellowship exhibition and publication honoring leading artists has been a mainstay in the field. This year, we are conducting a major survey of the artists and you will not want to miss the opening weekend.
We will open Native Art Now!, an exhibition that will be traveling nationally.The exhibit is accompanied by a major survey book focusing on contemporary Native Art from 1992 to the present and you will witness the world premier of a documentary film, scheduled to be broadcast by PBS affiliates!
In addition, the museum will host a gathering of scholars and colleagues, , along with the previously awarded Eiteljorg Fellows to participate, socialize, and gather forces to discuss the field of contemporary Native art and the future direction of the Eiteljorg’s Fellowship program .
- Friday, Nov. 10: registration for weekend events at the Eiteljorg Museum
- Saturday, Nov. 11: gathering of scholars, artists, and colleagues for a day- long investigation into resources for Native artists and scholars, as well as issues facing contemporary artists in this political climate.
- Saturday afternoon preview of the Contemporary Native Art Documentary at the Eiteljorg.
- Saturday evening opening reception for Native Art Now!
- Sunday Nov. 12: Fellowship Artists Gathering. This is an opportunity for artists who are Eiteljorg Fellows to help forge its future.
- Throughout the weekend, in the Hurt and Harvey galleries through visit: A Memorial Exhibition for George Morrison (1919—2000, Grand Portage Ojibwe), Allan Houser (1914—1994, Chiricahua Apache), John Hoover (1919—2011, Aleut), Harry Fonseca (1946—2006, Nisenan Maidu/Hawaiian), and Rick Bartow (1946—2016, Mad River Wyot).
The official hotel for the Gathering is the Courtyard by Marriott directly across the street from the Eiteljorg. Rates are $169/night plus tax. Make your reservation now by clicking here; marriott.com.
For additional information, contact: Jennifer Complo McNutt, curator of contemporary art, at 317.275.1362 or email@example.com.