Nov. 22, 2014 - Jan. 18, 2015
Enter a locomotive wonderland--a network of trestles, bridges and tunnels with chugging trains and detailed replicas of national treasures, all made of natural materials like twigs, moss and nuts and wrapped up in holiday trimming. Jingle Rails: The Great Western Adventure
is a journey to the Great American West – the real West and the West of the imagination.
Watch seven trains wind past the local treasures of downtown Indianapolis, including the Eiteljorg Museum, Monument Circle, Union Station, the Indiana State Fairgrounds and Lucas Oil Stadium, where you will hear veteran Colts radio announcer Bob Lamey call a game. The trains then head through the national parks of the American West, passing legendary sites, including grand railway lodges, Northwest Coast Native villages, and wonders both natural and human-made—Mt. Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Yosemite Falls, Old Faithful and more.
Every canyon and mesa, every lodge and geyser is created by Paul Busse and his brilliant team at Applied Imagination
. Busse’s inventive holiday creations are rare and only seen in cities like New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C.—and now Indianapolis.
- Seven ultra-sized G-scale/gauge model trains
- Nearly 1,200 feet of track
- Thirteen overhead walk-under bridges
- More than 30 features including:
- Indianapolis’ Soldiers and Sailors Monument
- Lucas Oil Stadium
- One America Tower
- Mt. Rushmore
- The Grand Canyon
- Old Faithful geyser (It actually erupts!)
- The Indiana State Fairgrounds' Normandy Barn
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Access bonus content and videos about your favorite features with your smartphones via QR coding placed on the labels